What Is Love INC?
The Mission of Love In the Name of Christ is to mobilize the Church to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ. We provide churches an open door to serve.
WHO ARE WE, AND WHAT DO WE DO?
- Each chapter of Love INC is a 501c3 affiliation of local churches working together to minister to people in need
- Each local office functions as a clearinghouse which matches neighbors needing short term help with area resources providing assistance
- The clearinghouse model allows us to network with churches and agencies, minimizing redundant or overlapping services
- We strive to offer a “hand UP”, allowing our neighbors to maintain dignity and empowering them to be able to personally deal with adverse circumstances, rather than being on the receiving end of a “hand OUT”
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- Each prospective client-neighbor participates in a telephone interview with a trained LOVE INC volunteer to discuss their particular situation and specific needs
- The caller is offered an opportunity for prayer with the volunteer at the conclusion of the interview, in order that we might share the love of Jesus and offer God’s hope, strength, and healing for the caller and his/her entire family
- After the individual signs and returns some basic information to the office for verification, we relay the needs requests to partner churches or area agencies who provide a variety of goods and services geared specifically to the needs in question
WHAT DON’T WE DO?
- We do not conduct walk-in interviews at the office.
- We do not have cash on hand to help with rent, utility payments, or other emergency issues
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- We follow up to make sure that our new neighbors have received the help they need to lift them out of their current circumstances
- We encourage them to become active in a local church of their choice where they can become part of a worshiping community, continue to experience God’s grace and mercy, and have their spiritual, emotional, and daily living issues addressed on a personal level